Version 21.1 (to be released)
- Bundled Live Screensaver Creator 21.1
- Windows XP is no longer supported
Version 21.0 (04 February 2021)
- Significantly faster creation of screen saver installation package (.exe)
- Removed Flash support since Adobe blocks it from running beginning 12 January 2021
- Display proper error message when screen saver is larger than 2 GB
- Cannot properly exit screen saver when having issue with video playback – fixed
- Bundled Live Screensaver Creator 21.0
Version 3.6.4 (14 December 2019)
- Properly align tab selection background in Standard and Professional editions
- Bundled Live Screensaver Creator 2.6.1
Version 3.6.3 (11 July 2019)
- Bundled proper version of Live Screensaver Creator 2.6
Version 3.6.2 (17 June 2019)
- Sometimes screen savers were crashing on exit – fixed
Version 3.6.1 (28 April 2019)
- Video screen saver sometimes hanging on multiple monitors – fixed
- Dynamic footer overwrites itself while playing video – fixed
- Multi-line text messages export sometimes does not create valid file – fixed
- Better handling of WM_CLOSE message
Version 3.6 (2 October 2018)
- User interface, icon and installation wizard image redesign
- Bundled Live Screensaver Creator 2.6
Version 3.5 (20 August 2018)
- Significant speed improvements
- Bundled Live Screensaver Creator 2.5
Version 3.4 (8 August 2017)
- Multi-language screen saver installation package support (25 languages included)
- Center crop media when “Original size” is set and “Random position” is unchecked
- Improved random order of elements
- More descriptive error messages when adding files
- Bundled Live Screensaver Creator 2.4
Version 3.3 (27 October 2016)
- Some monitors were not displaying screen saver in more than two monitors environment – fixed
- If unable to display screen saver on multiple monitors, display it on the primary monitor only
- Dual code signing support
- Bundled Live Screensaver Creator 2.3
Version 3.2 (3 October 2015)
- Windows® 10 support
- Smaller size of created screen savers
- Day of the week (##DDD and ##DDDD) in text messages shows day in advance – fixed
- Bundled Live Screensaver Creator 2.2
Version 3.1.4 (1 May 2014)
- Bundled Live Screensaver Creator 2.1.5
Version 3.1.3 (6 January 2014)
- Added screen saver installation package parameter /noicons to avoid creating icons
- Thick border on the bottom of the screen when “Use multiple monitors as independent displays” is unchecked – fixed
- Test button doesn’t work on some configurations – fixed
- Crash on computers having an older AMD processors – fixed
- Bundled Live Screensaver Creator 2.1.4
Version 3.1.2 (23 November 2013)
- Screen savers requiring HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Licenses permission – fixed
- No sound in multi monitor environment – fixed
- Added explanation how to deploy .scr files
- Bundled Live Screensaver Creator 2.1.3
Version 3.1.1 (21 March 2013)
- Unable to create installer on some computers – fixed
Version 3.1 (16 March 2013)
- Completely changed screen saver installation procedure to prevent antivirus software false positives
- Faster movie and Flash playback
- Significantly improved screen saver testing speed
- Images are no longer converted to GIF and JPEG
- Fixed video random position not working correctly
- Fixed MIDI playback sometimes doesn’t work
- Unable to create screen savers having short filenames – fixed
- Flash player is no longer bundled with screen saver, but redirects to Adobe website
- Local OpenMP runtime library installation instead of system wide
- Bundled Live Screensaver Creator 2.1.1
Version 3.0.1 (15 September 2012)
- Transition effects were not working as designed
Version 3.0 (12 September 2012)
- Added Web component to create screensavers based on websites or keywords
- Windows® 8 support
- Significantly improved Flash video playback
- Added Fly in/out transition effects
- Adobe® Flash® Player 11.4 support
- Check for duplicates when adding Flash files
- Introducing multiple editions: Standard, Professional and Premium
- Removed Previous and Next buttons
Version 2.5 (7 July 2012)
- Added Fade transition effects
- Adobe® Flash® Player 11 support
- Full Microsoft ClearType™ support
- Added Make default button
- Fixed text flickering when effects are disabled
- Fixed text messages size in Display properties window preview
- Enabled scroll bar in text messages edit box
- Changed screen saver command line parameter /c to /qi
- Clicking on hyperlink doesn’t always launch the browser – fixed
- Not all project properties were loaded – fixed
- Small user interface improvements
Version 2.4.1 (4 February 2012)
- Some Flash animations not being played completely – fixed
- Special symbols not displayed when editing text messages – fixed
- Removed text messages limit
- Added double-click the text message to edit
- Changed default text messages character set to ANSI
- “Duration of last frame” now always behave as it should
- Changed default setting for Slide text effect to “To Right”
- First frame not shown when playing some Flash animations – fixed
Version 2.4 (30 October 2011)
- New ‘Effects’ tab to select transition effects
- Smoother transition and text effects
- New multi-monitor option: independent or extended mode
- New “Full screen” image and movie resizing option
- New option to control animated GIF duration
- Improved movie looping
- Improved animated GIF playback
- Improved look and feel of application
- Removed pause after movie playback
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 support
- Fixed crash using background PNG, BMP, TGA or TIF image
- Skip saving background image which is not used
- Added error message when the file format is wrong
- Fixed blinking text when “No effect” is chosen
- Fixed crash importing text messages when the file name contains non-English letters
- Temporarily increase the MIDI volume if it’s mute
- Fixed crash when testing screen saver from the Flash tab
- Reverse order of added objects – fixed
- Not all project properties were saved – fixed
- Drag and drop not working – fixed
- Incorrect 12-hour time format at noon – fixed
- Non transparent background in animated GIF – fixed
Version 2.3 (28 April 2011)
- Windows® 7 support
- Windows Media Video (.wmv) support
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10 support
- Significantly improved movie playback
- Full multi-monitor support
- New screensaver distribution type: Archive containing Screen Saver (.zip)
- Improved Flash playback
- Showing number of files each multimedia tab contains
- Slide effects speed up
- Better random position of multimedia elements on the display
- Improved overall stability
- Displaying short file names in the list and the full path using tooltip
- Display command-line switches for screen saver using /help
- Disable adding an empty text message
- Showing “Display properties” window when setting screen saver as default
- “Show mouse cursor” option is enabled for all exit conditions
- Triggering system font smoothing – fixed
- Increasing temporary folder size when playing screen saver – fixed
- Screensaver crashes if link is attached – fixed
- Not properly working on Windows Vista – fixed
- Issues with non-English Windows locale – fixed
- “Exit condition” crash – fixed
- Crash when adding certain Flash files – fixed
- Double sound playback with certain Flash files – fixed
- Wrong Flash player version detection – fixed
- Crash when Flash player installation is refused – fixed
- Cannot play compressed AVI files – fixed
- AVI files freezing – fixed
- Crash when testing Flash screensaver and Flash player is not installed – fixed
- Crash when having “On mouse button” exit condition on registered version – fixed
- Crash when adding text with hyperlinks on registered version – fixed
- Animated GIF does not loop – fixed
- Footer overwritten by Flash animation – fixed
- Cannot install screen saver with specific files but test works – fixed
- Screen saver code signing works now
- New transition effects
- Improved stability
- High CPU usage problem – fixed
- Working with footer text problems – fixed
- Flash player installation not working – fixed
- Movie background not working – fixed
- Screen saver containing one flash file Exit condition – fixed
- Control Panel/Display Properties/Screen Savers/Preview is working properly now
- Test and Make buttons are activated immediately after first project change
- Working with movies problems – fixed
- CMYK & CYY JPEG pictures are displayed ok now
- Footer font properties are correctly saved and used now
- Strange behavior of Exit condition – fixed
- Strikeout font style not working – fixed
- Add/Files of type/GIF Files shows .GIF files properly now
- System menu options – fixed
- “Buy now” button not working – fixed
- Targa (TGA) files are properly opened now
- Sometimes “double size” of image didn’t work
- Changed position of program icon to the first level of Start menu
- Movie background type setting as image background – fixed
- Fixed text messages across Flash animation leaving the trace
- Mute background sound during movie playback – fixed
- Blocking during MIDI playback – fixed
- Inaccessible application while opening Help file – fixed
- Added hyperlinks support (URLs are underlined and launch browser window on mouse click)
- Adobe® Flash® Player 7 support (performs up to eight times faster than its predecessors)
- Added import/export of text messages
- Added multi-monitor support
- Improved testing speed
- Pretty smaller size of generated screen savers
- Lower CPU usage of generated screen savers
- Fixed Flash background color, size and “Duration of last frame” problems
- Fixed few text messages bugs
- Fixed MIDI playback bug
- Fixed bug when some JPEG images displayed as color negatives.
- Footer font properties are correctly saved and used now.
- Added footer (text, visible all the time, centered, at the bottom of the screen)
- Added “Exit condition” for choosing what type of activity stops screen saver execution
- Added “Show mouse cursor” option for displaying mouse cursor while screen saver running
- Improved installation process (uninstalling previous version, registry clean up)
- Added Windows® XP look & feel
- It is possible to create empty text message by entering space character now
- Added horizontal scroll when needed.
- Random background sound muting bug – fixed
- Fixed error when calculating free space
- Fixed bug with the style of text effects
- Fixed bug with movie resizing
- Fixed bug causing crash in Control Panel when using Flash generated screen saver
- Fixed bug with date and time text variables: $$HH$$MM is working now
- Fixed bug with relative paths
- Added “Duration of last frame” slider for Flash animations
- Improved screen saver preview
- Improved playing of single Flash files
- Improved visualization of screen saver with text messages only
- Fixed bug with background sound during movie playback
- Fixed several bugs with text messages and effects
- Fixed bug saving projects made with previous versions
- Added Macromedia Flash (SWF) file support.
- Animated GIFs are supported now.
- Added multi-line text support.
- Added image double size attribute.
- Added date and time text variables (e.g. $HH:$MM:$SS).
- Added slider for movies.
- Added Help file.
- Added random text effect.
- Added smart font properties handling for text.
- New defaults for images and movie: original size, random position and shuffle turned on.
- The process of creating test screen saver can now be stopped.
- Improved text effects duration control.
- Synchronize text with objects bug – fixed.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Added synchronize text with objects feature.
- Improved sound playback.
- Fixed bug when first image does not appear in during transition effect.
- Fixed bug calling help file.
- Fixed random position bug.
- Roll effects have been improved.
- All text effects have random position as default.
- Fixed bug when adding movies using “Add Supported Files” button.
- Fixed bug when closing screen saver.
- Fixed bug causing test screen saver working but mute sound.
- Fixed bug causing crash when using text effects.
- “Flying Chars” text effect added.
- “Add Supported Files” button added, so it is possible to add all supported files at once.
- Background image and gradient support added.
- Graphical menu added.
- “Typewriter” text effect added.
- Fixed several bugs causing freezing and crash.
- Sound slider now works properly.
- “Set as default screen saver” option added.
- Added “Duration of transition effects” control.
- Added fine control of image and movie resizing.
- “Tip of the Day” has been added.
- “Check for Updates” option has been added.
- “What’s New” has been added.
- Added screen saver size information in “Make” dialog.
- “Technical Support” option added.
- Self-installing screen savers now have /I switch providing quiet installation as Windows default screen saver.
- Added notification dialog after installation of generated screen saver.
- Paths to multimedia files are now relative (instead of absolute) to saved project position.
- Displaying sequence of elements has been improved.
- Removed registration information in configuration dialog of generated screen saver.
- Scrolling effects have been improved.
- Fixed Images/Add/File open bug with non-existing paths.
- Renamed “Slide Show Pause” to “Pause between images”
- Renamed “Sound Pause” to “Pause between sounds”
- Sometimes test couldn’t be done due to temporary directory problems.
- Fixed crash on changing text effect previously set to “no effect”.
- Fixed Rundll32 error when closing the screen saver.
Version 1.0 (6 January 2002)
- First release